School gate and dinner party banter can make the senior school choice process confusing for parents. We are fortunate to have diversity of choice across both state and independent sectors, but how do parents decide on the school that is best suited to the needs of their child?
Our team of friendly, professional consultants have years of experience in supporting parents with this decision. Our independent view-point can often bring clarity to the decision making process. We regularly assist parents to:
- Decide on their school search area. It must fit with both family and work commitments.
- Take into account the opinions of each parent, but keep an open mind.
- Review the academic and other attainments of your child to match these up to the right school and take into account any additional support they may need.
- Draw up a list of suitable schools; state or independent, budget, day or boarding, single sex or co-ed, academic strengths and interests of your child, any additional support your child may need and transport links.
- Send website links for review.
- Make a short-list of schools to visit and assist with making visit appointments.
- Preparing a list of things you need to ask while you are there.
- Hep you to get a feel for atmosphere, ethos, educational philosophy of the Head, staff-pupil relationships and check the curriculum supports your child’s strengths and interests, as well as their future career ambitions.
- Accompany parents on senior school visits, especially where English is not their first language.
- Discuss pros and cons of each school after your visits. There may be a couple of front-runners that you feel need a second visit.
- Assist with the registration, application and interview preparation process.
For an informal discussion about your individual requirements, please contact us.
Call Claire Coker on 01865 522066
OR Email Claire via email@example.com
Or Contact Us using our enquiry form.