Making a strong application to Oxford or Cambridge University through UCAS is a very time-consuming process. Our inclusive consultancy package supports aspiring Oxbridge candidates comprehensively, every step of the way.
Here is a timeline below of all the aspects we guide teenagers through when making an application to a UK university, including Oxbridge. This advice is often delivered over a 12 to 18 month period.
- Guidelines on the timeline and application process for Oxbridge.
- Guidance on the specific courses available, their rankings and course content.
- Support with additional papers, tests and exams which are required as part of the application.
- Advice on selecting the right College for the right academic course.
- Interview preparation sessions and a subject specific mock interview.
Other elements of the service are outlined below.
The Subject selection process:
- Detailed review and guidance on the subject selection for the student linked to future careers plans.
- Discussion on the pros and cons of singular honours programmes, joint honour programmes, modular programmes, gap years, work experience etc.
- A review of personality traits, interests and personal goals.
The On-line application process:
- Guidance on how to complete each section of the online application including: How to register, initial UCAS questions, personal details, choices, education, predicted grades and references.
- Skills audit to help the student to prepare to write an effective personal statement.
- Advice on how to write the personal statement on the selected subject.
- Detailed reviews and comprehensive feedback on Personal statement drafts.
- Proof reading the final Personal statement.
- Advice on getting the best academic references and predicted grades if required.
- Checking the completed application before submission.
Other key areas:
- Overview on timeline, process and preparation of any necessary entrance tests.
- Advice on making the most of university visits/open day planning and what key questions to ask (we can also set these up if required)
- Guidance of confirming the best university offer and insurance offer.
- Finalising offer after results.
- Advice on making accommodation choices.
For an informal discussion about your individual requirements, please contact us.
Call Claire Coker on 01865 522066
OR Email Claire via firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Contact Us using our enquiry form.