Sally Markowska has worked in education for over thirty six years; she has been an outstanding teacher of English in British and US high schools and has been working as Head of Year in the sixth form at a prestigious academic, independent West London school for the past twenty years. She continues to work at this school as a consultant, helping students with their university applications and in alumni relations.
She has wide experience in advising and preparing students for top universities in the UK including Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group. She understands the complexities of the UCAS system and how to guide students in choosing the right course and institution for their higher education. She is passionate about making sure the students will be academically suited for their course as well as feeling suitably challenged, supported and happy in their undergraduate years.
As a pastoral leader with many years experience and with a coaching qualification , Sally has an empathetic, warm personality. She communicates very effectively with young people and works hard to ensure each student she works with is placed at the right course for them.
Living and working in West London has allowed Sally to build an in-depth knowledge of local prep and senior schools and she enjoys working with parents on their children’s London school placements. She also works face to face with students helping develop their confidence and interview skills for school entrance exams.
Sally can offer:
· Coaching on how to select the right subject to study at university
· Recommendations on which courses/institutions would suit a student
· Advice on how to apply to UCAS
· Detailed guidance in writing a successful personal statement which reflects a student’s strengths and potential
· Interview preparation and practice
· Post-offer advice on selecting which course(s) to accept
· Post A level advice when results are known (if required)